Guest: Allison Duettmann, Foresight Institute.
I created an index of readings that inspire a positive long-term vision for humanity - one with existential hope. The list is for everyone who wants to improve the world but doesn’t know where to start, including general readings on everything from transhumanism to existential risks. The difference is that it lays out a vision of why we should care about the future: it focuses on Utopia, and why it’s neither impossible, nor boring. The list is in its infancy, so I would love to spend an evening to discuss
- Your favorite readings, fiction and non-fiction, general and topic-specific
- Useful tools for world-improvement you’ve come across
- Podcasts that motivate you
- Organizations you’re a member of
- Websites you sift through
- Good people you follow
- Action-items and advice for change
Let's pool our knowledge + hope, index it, and act on it.