A salon series focused on near term opportunities for influencing or setting precedents. This month's inaugural salon will use the thought experiment of a lunar power station to introduce and explore key challenges and questions that will be faced.
Consider a solar power station on the moon near a peak of eternal light. Who or what entity, if any, gives permission? How would it be owned, how it would it be financed, what mechanisms or rights would be available to users? Who would get to use it, and what currencies would be used to pay for those services, etc.?
These and more questions will be discussed.
Readings: please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the readings so we can come to the discussion with some shared context.
1. The Peaks of Eternal Light: A Near-term Property Issue on the Moon: https://arxiv.org/abs/1608.01989
2. A brief history of the Corporation: https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2011/06/08/a-brief-history-of-the-corporation-1600-to-2100/
3. The Nature of the Firm - Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nature_of_the_Firm
4. Lunar Nuclear Power: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/414770/a-lunar-nuclear-reactor/
5. What is a DAO? https://blockchainhub.net/dao-decentralized-autonomous-organization/